Guidelines for Using Enphase Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for Enphase Energy, Inc. ("Enphase") authorized distributors and installers, indirect installers, equipment suppliers, customers, licensees and other parties ("Authorized Parties," "you" or "your") wishing to use Enphase’s trademarks, service marks, word marks, trade names, trade dress, copyright work or images ("Enphase Brands") in promotional, advertising, instructional or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging ("Authorized Use"). These guidelines may be modified by Enphase from time to time in Enphase’s sole discretion.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol, device, design or phrase adopted and used by Enphase to identify its goods and services and to distinguish them from the goods and services of others. Trademarks are usually marked with either a ™,℠ or an ® symbol (a ™ designates an unregistered trademark, an ℠ designates a trademark used to identify a service rather than a product, and a ® designates a registered trademark).
Use of Enphase Brands for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Enphase may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Enphase Brands may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized. The right to use Enphase Brands constitutes a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, royalty-free license, without the right to grant sublicenses. Your right to use and reproduce Enphase Brands are limited to use solely in connection with marketing Enphase Products and Services.
If you are a licensee of an Enphase Brand and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines.
Limitations to the use of Enphase Brands
Enphase Brands are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable Brand rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an Enphase Brand, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Enphase is the sole owner of the Brand and promising that you will not interfere with Enphase’s rights in the Brand, including challenging Enphase’s use, registration of, or application to register such Brand, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Enphase Brand. The goodwill derived from using any part of an Enphase Brand exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Enphase. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. You will not adopt, use, or attempt to register any trademarks or trade names that are confusingly similar to the Enphase Brands or in such a way as to create combination marks with the Enphase Brands. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please talk to your Enphase representative or submit your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will provide Enphase with samples of all products and materials that contain the Enphase Brands prior to their public use, distribution or display for Enphase’s written approval before such use, distribution or display.
At Enphase’s request, you will modify or discontinue any use of the Enphase Brands.
Authorized Use of Enphase Brands
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Enphase and its Authorized Parties may use the Enphase Brands in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such Authorized Parties may use the Enphase Brands only as specified in their agreement with Enphase and these guidelines.
2. Compatibility: Authorized Parties may use the Enphase Brands in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that a third party product is compatible with the referenced Enphase product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements:
a. The Enphase word mark is not part of the product name.
b. The Enphase word mark is used in a referential phrase such as "runs on," "for use with," "for," or "compatible with."
c. The Enphase word mark appears less prominent than the Authorized Party’s product name.
d. The Authorized Party’s product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Enphase Product.
e. The reference to Enphase does not create a false sense of endorsement, sponsorship, association, agency, joint venture or partnership with Enphase or Enphase products or services.
f. The use does not show Enphase or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: Authorized Parties may use Enphase Brands in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Enphase Products.
b. The use reflects favorably on both Enphase and Enphase products or services.
c. The Authorized Party’s name and logo appear more prominent than the Enphase word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
d. The Enphase logo or any other Enphase-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Enphase.
e. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Enphase, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: "(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Enphase Energy, Inc."
f. A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Enphase’s ownership of the Enphase Brands. Please refer to the section below titled "Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution."
4. Other Uses: Any other use of Enphase Brands not covered by these guidelines must receive written permission from Enphase prior to such use.
Unauthorized Use of Enphase Brands
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Enphase or any other Enphase trademark, including Enphase-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not vary or use any variation of the Enphase logo or Brands for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an Enphase Brand.
3. Disparaging Manner: You may not use Enphase Brands in a disparaging manner.
4. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Enphase Brands in a manner that would imply Enphase’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of, association, agency, joint venture or partnership with a third party product or service.
5. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Enphase Brands, unless you receive prior written permission from Enphase for such use or pursuant to an express written trademark license from Enphase.
6. Enphase’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Enphase web site design, including positioning of the Enphase color orange (Pantone Matching System "PMS" color 1665), logos, or typefaces.
7. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an Enphase slogan or tagline.
8. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Enphase trademark as a second level domain name.
9. Revocation: Enphase reserves the right to revoke the Authorized Use of the Enphase Brands at any time in our sole discretion. If we determine that your use of an Enphase Brand does not truthfully and accurately identify the inclusion of the applicable Enphase products or technology or your use is otherwise unacceptable or detrimental to Enphase or outside the scope of these Trademark Guidelines or an applicable license, we will revoke the Authorized Use. Upon revocation of the authorization you agree that you will immediately cease all use of the applicable Enphase Brand.
Enphase Trademark List
List of Current Enphase Energy, Inc.’s trademarks:
- [E] Design ®
- Energy Evolved™
- Enphase Energy®
- Enphase® Energy Management System™
- Enphase® Metering and Management Solution™
- Enphase® Microinverter™
- Enphase® Microinverter System™ (refers to a multiple product solution)
- Enlighten Manager®
- Environ® Smart Thermostat™
- Envoy®/™ (Registered in European Community; Unregistered in U.S.)
- Envoy Communications Gateway™
- M190 Microinverter™
- M215 Microinverter™
- M250 Microinverter™
- C250 Microinverter™
- S230 Microinverter™
- S270 Microinverter™
- S280 Microinverter™
- Powering What’s Next™
- NEXT PHASE SOLAR™
Rules for Proper Use of Enphase Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
3. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
4. Always spell and capitalize Enphase’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Enphase Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate Enphase product names. Do not make up names that contain Enphase trademarks.
5. When using the Enphase Logo, please follow the Enphase logo guidelines.
6. When referring to Enphase products, services, or solutions, please follow the Trademark list above.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Distribution within the United States Only:
a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (™,℠, or ®) the first time the Enphase trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material. Refer to the Enphase Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol and spelling of the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark.
b. Include an attribution of Enphase’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other printed marketing material. The following are correct formats:
If Registered: _________ is a registered trademark of Enphase Energy, Inc.
If Unregistered: _______ is a trademark of Enphase Energy, Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
If Registered: _________ is a trademark of Enphase Energy, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.
If Unregistered:_________ is a trademark of Enphase Energy, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
Depictions of Enphase Products
Authorized Party’s may show an image of an Enphase Product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Enphase Product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
a. Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Enphase Product.
b. The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Enphase Product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Enphase before using any photograph owned or licensed by Enphase).
c. The Enphase Product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Enphase Products and on Enphase Energy, Inc.
d. The reference to Enphase does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association, agency, joint venture or partnership with, Enphase or Enphase Products.
To obtain written consent before using Enphase Brands or for further information with respect to Enphase’s trademarks and copyrights, please submit your request to email@example.com.