The Microinverters Not Reporting ( ) system status typically arises when the Envoy is too far away from the load center or when there is interference on the power lines between the microinverters and the Envoy. It can usually be addressed by the system owner and should not require a maintenance visit. Have the system owner try the following tasks to restore reporting between the microinverters and the Envoy:
For Envoys that use a power cord:
- If the Envoy was moved from its original location, it may be plugged into an outlet that is too far from the electrical panel (site load center). Return the Envoy to the original location or to an outlet as close to the electrical panel as possible.
- Make sure that the Envoy is plugged directly into an outlet and not into a surge protector, extension cord or power strip. Ideally, the outlet should not be a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) type.
- Make sure that no other devices are plugged into the same outlet as the Envoy.
For any Envoy, regardless of power source:
- If the Envoy uses a dedicated circuit as close as possible to the electrical panel, there may be another device interfering with power line communications. If any of these devices use the same circuit as the Envoy, move the device to another circuit and see if this resolves the issue:
- Power strips and surge protectors
- UPS (uninterruptible power supply) or battery backup units
- Touch lamps
- Battery chargers or AC adapters like those used for cell phone and laptop chargers, especially for older devices
- Heavy rotating motors in devices like fans, refrigerators, freezers, or water pumps
- Workshop equipment like a drill press, table saw, wood router, or planer
- Electronic pest deterrents
- Finally, any older or failing compact fluorescent light (CFL) installed in your home may cause interference. Remove the CFL, then check to see if reporting is restored.
If the system status has not reset to Normal within 15 minutes after the system owner has performed these tasks, check the status of the microinverters on the Devices list in Enlighten Manager. If any microinverters show issues, refer to the appropriate microinverter installation manual for additional troubleshooting steps, or contact Enphase Customer Support.