Electrical Estimator - Renewables Systems
Scottsdale, AZ, United States
Our mission at Enphase Energy is to advance a sustainable future for all.
Today, our intelligent microinverters, which turn sunlight into an affordable, safe, reliable, and scalable source of energy, work with virtually every solar panel made, and when paired with our award-winning smart battery technology, we engineer one of the industry's best-performing clean energy systems. To date, we have installed more than 36 million microinverters on more than 1.5 million homes across 130 countries.
Like our customers, our innovative teams are also worldwide, making Enphase Energy a truly global company. We are one of the fastest growing and most dynamic energy companies in the world. Nimble and acutely focused on developing ground-breaking solar energy management technology, each of our teams have a shared goal of creating a carbon-free future.
At Enphase we are also committed to diversity and inclusion. Developing cutting edge technology requires a workforce as diverse as the populations we wish to serve. We are a values-driven company that puts people and their power at the center of our shared energy future.
About the Role:
365 Pronto, a platform technology company acquired by Enphase in December 2021 is disrupting the cleantech operations and maintenance (O&M) space. The organization is seeking a full-time Electrical Estimator-Renewables Systems based out of our Scottsdale, Arizona office.
As our Estimator you will serve as 365 Pronto’s subject matter expert in the development of cost estimates and cost models for scopes of work across all service types focused on the operations, maintenance, and repair of a broad range of solar, battery storage, and EVSE systems. You will partner closely with the Business Development team to provide guidance on cost models and estimates for potential new business service types, as well as provide support to the Operations organization by maintaining accurate cost models for existing scopes of work service types.
- Develop, finalize, and maintain accurate cost estimates and cost models, including man hour and material cost estimates, for scopes of work across all O&M (operations & maintenance) service types for supported renewables systems
- Partner closely with the Business Development team to develop service type cost estimates used to evaluate and pursue new business
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other RFP documentation to prepare time, cost, labor, and material estimates for renewables projects
- Gather details and collaborate with Technical Operations to maintain current market data necessary to accurately estimate service and materials costs across U.S. geographic markets
- Evaluate technical aspects and validate the costing of escalated work-order disputes between service providers and customers, providing guidance to both stakeholders to help problem solve and drive dispute resolution
- Work with Business Development, Operations, and Technical Operations to conduct project post-mortems to identify areas for improvement
- Continuously improve estimating process and procedures while supporting corporate standards of quality
- Serve as an electrical technical resource to Operations and Support staff by providing systems subject matter expertise to help resolve escalated technical service issues from providers (installers), customers, and OEMs.
- Provide the highest level of service through diligent communication and initiative-taking issue resolution.
- Travel up to 10% of the time in support of department operations.
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and installation of Solar (PV) systems (including Inverters-programming and replacing, modules, racking, and how batteries fit into the solar system).
- Experience as an electrician or wireman, Journeyman’s Card preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience estimating / job costing/quoting residential/commercial work performed by electricians from apprentice to journeyman.
- Experience in estimating for specific solutions in solar (PV), or battery storage, or EVSE preferred.
- Ability to estimate at the conceptual and detailed level
- Comfortable operating in a highly collaborative team environment working with customers, service providers, and senior leadership on a regular basis
- Able to read and decipher schematics and blueprints/drawings.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel to create easy to understand cost estimates and models
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent active listening and written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with safety protocols, tools, building products, construction details, electrical regulations, and quality standards. NEC, NFPA-70, OSHA 10 & 30
- Strong customer first service orientation
- Self-directed, thrives in a fast-paced environment, can handle multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred